When you join the RSL, you haven’t joined a club! you’ve become part of an organisation that has been there to support those who have served our country and their dependants for 100 years. At RSL Queensland, our vision is simple:
We support you, the military family
According to our Constitution, the objects for which the RSL (Queensland Branch) is established are to:
- Provide for the sick, helpless, wounded, aged, vulnerable, destitute and needy among those who are serving or who have served in the Australian Defence Forces and their dependents
- Perpetuate the close and kindly ties of friendship created by a mutual service in the Australian Defence Force or in the forces of nations traditionally allied with Australia and the recollections associated with that experience
- Maintain a proper standard of dignity and honour among all past and present members of the Defence Forces of the nation and to set an example of public spirit and noble hearted endeavour
- Preserve the memory and the records of those who suffered and died for Australia, erect monuments to their valour, provide them with suitable burial places, and establish and preserve, in their honour, the annual commemoration days known as ANZAC Day, Remembrance Day and other commemorative days
- Encourage loyalty to Australia and secure patriotic service in the interests of Australia
- Protect the good name and preserve the interests and standing of members of the Australian Defence Force
- Encourage Members, as citizens, to serve Australia with that spirit of self-sacrifice and loyalty with which they served as members of the Australian Defence Forces
- Provide welfare to the sick, helpless, wounded, vulnerable, aged, destitute and needy.
HAVE YOU SERVED YOUR COUNTRY?
You know you are NOT to young or too old to join the RSL.
Who can join? Those who have a minimum of six months in the regular or reserve forces of the Australian Defence Force or its allies, and or those who have served in a theatre of conflict.
What does it cost?
- Service Member $20.00 per year
- Currently serving personnel based in Queensland FREE
- Life subscriber, paid in advance and the rate is based on age:
- Up to 39 years of age $300.00
- 40 to 44 years of age $260.00
- 45 to 49 years of age $220.00
- 50 to 54 years of age $180.00
- 55 to 59 years of age $140.00
- 60 to 64 years of age $120.00
- 65 years of aged and over $100.00
To join the Nerang RSL Sub Branch please visit the Nerang RSL Memorial club reception and ask for a membership pack for the Sub Branch, complete the application and return it with your payment to the reception.