Your Sub Branch
Know Your Sub Branch and Memorial Club, As a Member of the Nerang RSL Sub Branch not only will you have access to the social activities of the Nerang RSL Sub Branch and the Nerang RSL Memorial Club, you will have assistance with any DVA claims and pensions, medal entitlements, voluntary help should you need it, friendship and a voice in the ear of the Government.
All current serving ADF personnel and ex-service persons who served in then any Australian or Allied Service, or who completed National Service for a minimum of six months are eligible to join the Sub Branch.
- The Sub Branch provides assistance to all Veterans and Ex Service personal regardless of the League Membership.
- The Sub Branch promotes loyalty and pride for the nation, its people, the Flag and the ADF.
- The Sub Branch has prime focus on commemorative activities within our community.
- It is an integral part of an effective lobby group to the Government and its Departments
- The Sub Branch provides Welfare, Advocacy and representation service to all Veterans.
The Memorial Club
The licensed Memorial Club membership base differs significantly from the Sub Branch. Licensed Clubs operation under the RSL banner have a different constitution and responsibility, and are in fact independent standalone businesses offering a broader local community and family friendly venue for entertainment and relaxation.
They have bar and dining facilities and regularly gambling options for their members and guests. These Clubs still observe a one minute’s silence in respect to the fallen and the “ODE” is read to honour those veterans’ who fought for our country.
The Sub Branch owns the club buildings, and is the responsible landlord. The income received by the Sub Branch from the Memorial Club is the monthly rental. It is common that the Licensed Clubs no longer refer to veterans’ or serving personnel in their mission statement or constitutions, instead proclaiming their support to the community, social members and sporting clubs.
Membership of the Memorial Club does not imply or result in membership of the Sub Branch.